I am very fond of fusion cooking. Combining two recipes and then turning it into an entirely new one is totally magic. And the best part is when your experiments turn out a great success and you feel like flying in the air.
Last month I arranged a tea party at my home and tried these buttery soft cupcakes. These cupcakes were a delight. The soft texture, the aroma of melted butter and the glossy sugary flavour was totally divine.
Check out this recipe for these yummy cupcakes and make your guests crave for more.
Buttery Glossy Cupcakes
- 200 grams Self raising Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (one and half tea spoon) Baking powder
- A handful pinch Salt
- 4 Medium sized Eggs
- 200 grams Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams Icing Sugar
- 2 to 3 drops Vanilla Essence
- The very first rule of baking is to preheat your oven. In order to make perfectly baked cupcakes preheat your oven at 180-200 degrees centigrade, depending on your oven.
- Stir the sugar with a little amount of water in fry pan on medium flame until it completely mixes with water and turns into glucose like form. This thing will make your cupcakes glossy.
- In another bowl add self raising flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla essence and the sugary glucose mixture and start beating.
- Once it turns foamy, add the butter and beat again.
- When you see a glossy foamy mixture forming, add in eggs one by one and beat again.
- Now your mixture will turn into foamy custard form.
- Now grease your cupcakes tray and fill each tin with ¾ of this mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Makes about 12 cupcakes.
You can have these cupcakes with bounties and chocolate spread on top. I usually frost them with my very own special “nutella frosting”. One can’t just resist having it. But don’t you worry! I shall share this secret recipe with you. :)
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 2-3 drops oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- In a sauce pan, Add Nutella with 2-3 tbsp of water and cook on a low heat. Stir it continuously.
- Then add butter, icing sugar and cream and continue stirring it on a low flame.
- Let all the ingredients mix very well.
- In the end, add little drops of oil to make give this frosting a bit of shine.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Now spread this yummy Nutella frosting on the top of your buttery soft cupcakes.
- You can also decorate your cupcakes by sprinkling chocolate chips, coconut, coffee powder or whatever you like.