Skin Aging is the condition which skin acquires with the passage of time. As you grow old, the essential proteins which tighten up the skin are lost resulting in aging. Let’s discuss some of the prominent signs of skin aging:
- Black spots
- Skin loosening
- Leather-look texture
- Production of lesions
Causes of Skin Aging
Skin care is most important worry of women today, therefore, dermatologists have been searching for the genetic causes of aging since decades so that they can find perfect antidote to cure it. With time, the medical research has got wings to fly higher and higher, scientists have found reasons and cure of almost every human problem. According to a medical theory, skin aging is mostly caused by the lower level of glycans and other important micronutrients in the body. Glycans are sugars on the surface of cells which serve as energy providers and healers. As age increases, these micronutrients and glycans start reducing in the body which leaves the signs of aging. There are various other reasons which cause skin aging which includes direct sun contact which causes sunburn, use of chemicals, depression, and anxiety.
How to Reduce Premature Aging Signs?
Maintaining a proper skin routine can help reduce signs of premature aging. Let’s go through some of these steps that can help you give a younger looking skin.
- Protect yourself from the sun. The damaging UV light rays from the sun is a major cause of wrinkles and blemishes on your skin. Applying a sunscreen or a facial moisturiser with SPF 30 or higher can you a protective shield against these harmful rays.
- Try to consume a diet rich in vitamin A, C, and E. These vitamins help in keeping skin fresh and healthy. Minerals like copper and selenium produce collagen and elastin (essential proteins) which keeps skin tight and prevent it from bacterial infection.
- Drink plenty of water. It helps in cleaning the excessive chemicals and keeps blood and skin clear.
- Keep your face clean. Wrinkles and marks are caused by exposing our skin to various pollutants.By keeping our face clean and washing it twice a day with a facial cleanser can be a heads up to remove impurities and pollutants from the skin surface.
- Keep your face well moisturised. Dull and dry skin look flaky and cause premature wrinkles.
- Use facial products containing retinoids and alpha hydroxy acid
Taking a good care of your skin at an early age can help you maintain a healthier, younger looking skin for a long time. If you any significant or sudden change in your skin, it’s always better to see a professional help.
Are there any other methods you follow to keep your skin healthy and younger? Share with me in the comments section.
Do have a look at our infographic on ‘Causes of Premature Skin Aging and How to Prevent it’